- Personal Banking
- Business Banking
- Tools & Resources
Commercial Lender - Rison
Open: Wednesday, Mar 3, 2021
Gateway Bank is seeking a full-time, driven, detail-oriented Loan Officer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to further develop the Cleveland County market. This individual will be responsible for activities related to the lending function that includes preparing commercial, agricultural, consumer, and residential loans while adhering to all company policies and federal regulations. They will initiate and maintain professional and courteous contact with customers, both internal and external.
Essential Functions/ Key Responsibilities:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help qualified individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions.
- Consistently deliver first-class customer service
- Sell loan products and meet loan production targets
- Perform business development tasks, including managing the pipeline by generating leads and referral business, and maintaining relationships with existing and past customers
- Meet and communicate with applicants to explain the risks, benefits, and terms of loan products and government regulations
- Analyze financial information provided by customers
- Create Loan Presentation packages for appropriate approval of loan requests
- Maintain professional and timely contact with title companies, appraisers, insurance companies, and third-party agents
- Generate loan renewals, extensions, and modification requests
- Maintain current knowledge of all applicable lending regulations, the economy, market rates, vendors, and competitors
- Evaluate credit worthiness by processing loan applications within specified limits
- Ensure all necessary information is submitted to the loan processing department
- Provide daily administrative support to customers and coworkers with loan related questions and maintenance using problem-solving skills to satisfy customer needs and ensure accurate resolution to customer requests
- Review title work, appraisal reports, flood determinations, credit reports, business entity searches, GEO codes/census tracking, UCC Lien searches
- Track documents including vehicle titles, UCC Filings, financial documents, direct lien filings, title policies, recorded mortgages and assignments
- Establish, maintain, and update files, databases, and records
- Follow the TRID policy and procedures, ensuring that all pertinent documents have been signed as needed
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills, providing an environment of open and authentic communication
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be a creative thinker and proactive problem solver with the ability to work efficiently, independently, and effectively to meet deadlines and follow projects through to completion
- NMLS license required or the ability to obtain a NMLS license is required
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Working knowledge of perfecting collateral with titles, mortgages, liens, and UCC’s preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting processes and procedures
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and ability to use relevant industry-specific computer programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or more than 5 plus years of loan production experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to all aspects of a project or task.
- Adaptability – Ability to fit into changing working environments and adapt to procedural and organizational changes.
- Goal Oriented – Ability to act to ensure focus on tasks and objectives in accordance with clear expectations and goals.
- Relationship Building – Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative relationship with customers and team members.
- Organized – Organization skills aiding in a neat and disciplined work style.
- Accountability – Willing to accept responsibility for self and all direct reports regarding all functions within the branch.
- Communication –Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Customer Oriented – The desire to serve both customers and coworkers by focusing effort on meeting the customer’s needs, understanding their concerns, and conducting yourself in a manner which encourages trust.
- Decision Making – Ability to assess situations and determine an effective and compliant outcome.
- Responsible – Ability to be trustworthy or answerable for your conduct.
- Tactful – Ability to show consideration and avoid giving offense in dealing with others.
- Time Management – Effectively utilizes available time for completion of necessary job tasks.
- Working Under Pressure – The ability to maintain composure when exposed to stress.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information: Gateway Bank and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal employment with respect to a person's race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, covered veterans, military status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected classifications. At Gateway Bank, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.